Our deadline for funding applications is October 1st & May 15th:
* October 1st Deadline: Public School Funding Alliance determines the allocation of all funds raised each school year by November of that school year, and applicants are notified before November 1.
* May 15th Deadline: For projects starting first thing in September or materials that need to be ordered at the beginning of the school year, the deadline for funding applications is May 15 of the previous school year.
With the exception of small grants (see below) applications will not be considered at any other time in the year. Public School Funding Alliance is a funding organization, and is not responsible for the administration and content of any of the programs it funds.
Streamlined process for recurring grants:
PSFA provides a streamlined process to apply for funding for programs or materials that have remained the same and been funded by PSFA for 3 years or more. The streamlined process should only be used in May if the application involves a program that needs to start or materials that need to be purchased at the beginning of the next school year. All other streamlined applications should be submitted for our October 1 deadline.
The streamlined process no longer requires an application. In order to apply for funding, please send an email message to email@example.com that provides the following:
- Project title
- Grant applicant
- Contact person and contact information
- School at which the program or materials will be implemented
- Grade level
- Dates for project
- Budget for project and total amount of funding requested, and amount of funding that was granted for 2010-11.
- Detail any changes in the project (for example, amount of time spent, grade levels reached, or other information) that you are planning for next year, and explain any variance between what was allocated for your project this year and what was actually spent.
- Certification that the principal at the relevant school has approved the request for funding
Small Grants Program: At any time during the school year a Methow Valley public school teacher can request, more informally than via the normal PSFA application process, funds for projects or materials costing under $150 by sending the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Contact person and contact information
School at which the program or materials will be implemented
Dates for project
Budget for project and total amount of funding requested
Certification that the principal at the relevant school has approved the request
Small grant requests will be quickly evaluated by the PSFA board and funded based on merit and available funds.
Some of the programs
funded by Public School Funding Alliance require new personnel positions.
Download our Guidelines for
Contracting with Personnel.
Each funding recipient must complete a Funding Award Evaluation Form and submit it electronically to Public School Funding Alliance each year by June 15. Download the
Award Evaluation Form